Monday, June 18, 2012

Street Art Pt 2

I love seeing really large graffiti on buildings.  Sometimes it doesn't really mean anything (that I can figure out), but I am impressed by the sheer effort it took to get it done.

Walking through the Gothic near the Rambla and the Ancient Roman cemetery we saw this building completely covered in art.  It is likely an anarchist squatted building, or was until the government sealed the entrance.  

A typical scene on the Rambla, but someone has painted "IDIOT" on the very top of the building, only visible through these trees.

This building is one of the ugliest I've seen in Barcelona, probably built in the 70's and has no character.  This is on the garage door to the building.

This is the left side of a pit.  A whole building was removed and this is what remains.  You can see the wall broken on the far left.  It's been sitting like this for as long as I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment