Saturday, June 16, 2012

Unknown.

I struggle to find myself in this city.  Moving to a new country means that you become unknown.  I am just one in 1.6 million and only a small handful of people know I exist here.  There are days when my heart and my soul cry out to be known, to be heard.  On days like that simply seeing the beauty in this city brings me back a bit.  The morning sun shining through the streets and illuminating everything helps me to remember that all of this is bigger than me and I'm fortunate to be a small part of this world.

1 comment:

  1. Damn. Good post. I love a good whopping dose of reality/perspective check. If you have a chance, find a small spider or ant and try to look REALLY close-- the detail and beauty of such small creatures makes me feel more important and loved.

    ReplyDelete