Monday, July 30, 2012

The Faceless

I noticed this head up on a pillar a few days ago.  It was surprising that I hadn't noticed it before, because I'm usually looking for this kind of stuff.  We walk past this corner at least 5 times a day, it's on my normal potty route with Sadie.

At first glance, I thought it was something that was worn and had been sitting there for ages, but as I look at it more, it looks like someone was sculpting a face/head and climbed up in the night to take advantage of an open ledge.  Regardless, I love it.

I actually have spent more time speaking, in my limited Spanish, with the folks who don't have homes in our neighborhood.  This reminds me of them, we often pass by without noticing them.  They almost become fixtures of the architecture when in reality, we should pay attention to their beauty.  Happy Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment